- Capgemini estimates the size of the connected products market globally will range between $519B to $685B by 2020.
- 92% of successful manufacturing organizations have not only created a digital vision but also have a roadmap to monitor progress.
- 60 % of manufacturers are struggling to ensure digital continuity throughout their entire product lifecycles.
- 54% of manufacturers have initiated programs to enable collaboration and greater innovation with start-ups, third parties, and suppliers, expanding their digital ecosystems to include co-creators in new product development.
- Manufacturers predict 47% of all their products will be smart, connected and capable of generating product-as-a-service revenue by 2020.
- 45% of manufacturers are exploring to restructure their organization by creating a separate independent entity to develop connected products
- Only 16% of organizations are fully implementing Digital Twins while 45% are not beyond the pilot stage.
Capgemini’s study, Digital Engineering: The new growth engine for discrete manufacturers explores how digital technologies are reshaping the manufacturing landscape. The research goals of this …
Read more here