As the rate of new COVID-19 infections is beginning to flatten in parts of the country, President Donald Trump and governors are beginning to plan for relaxation of stay-at-home orders and the reopening of business operations. Manufacturers and other business facilities will likely resume operations gradually, often with additional mandatory or voluntary safety measures in place.
Because COVID-19 could surge again once communities begin to come out of physical isolation, companies should consider procedures for:
- Monitoring employee health to determine who should stay home.
- Determining which parts of the workforce can remain working from home initially.
- Having clear visitor and vendor facility visitation and employee travel protocols.
- Continuing extra sanitation and social distancing for those returning to work.
- Training and communicating….(Click to read the full article on Industry Week)