WEST BOYLSTON, MA U.S.A. (May 17, 2023) – EMUGE-FRANKEN USA, GROB Systems, Inc. and Concepts NREC announced the companies are jointly holding a complimentary Tech Day on June 7th, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET at the EMUGE Technology Center in West Boylston, MA. Attendees will learn milling strategies for blisk manufacturing and see live machining demonstrations on a GROB G550a 5-Axis machining center featuring EMUGE Circle Segment milling tools with programming from Concepts NREC MAX-PAC™ CAM software for turbomachinery applications. Lunch will be provided. Manufacturing professionals are welcome and encouraged to attend by registering here.
Technology experts will present and demonstrate key advanced strategies for highly productive blisk machining including:
- Reducing finishing time with EMUGE Circle Segment (a.k.a. conical barrel) cutters in tandem with powerful MAX-PAC CAM strategies. Circle Segment end mills vastly reduce finishing times on parts featuring challenging geometric contours such as blisks.
- High-speed roughing solutions using MAX-PAC’s UPASS trochoidal strategy.
- Improving accuracy and reducing chatter by utilizing a multi-depth mixed milling strategy.
- Eliminating witness lines on the blade by utilizing MAX-PAC’s finishing blending strategies.
- High accuracy and maximum stability with the GROB G550a 5-Axis machining center which features a unique machine concept including a horizontal spindle position that permits the longest possible Z-travel path and optimum chip fall management. The arrangement of three linear axes offers maximum stability by minimizing the distance between the guides and the machining point (TCP). Three linear and two rotary axes permit 5-sided machining, as well as 5-axis simultaneous interpolation, with a swivel range of 230 degrees in the A-axis and 360 degrees in the B-axis.
About the Companies
EMUGE-FRANKEN USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the 1,950 employee German company EMUGE-Werk Richard Glimpel GmbH & Co. KG (Lauf, Germany). EMUGE-FRANKEN USA offers end-user technical support through a network of in-the-field engineers and in-house product specialists, all with extensive tooling and application experience. Over 10,000 types of cutting tools and accessories are stocked in the company’s U.S. and Canadian Headquarters located in West Boylston, MA, U.S.A. The recently expanded 50,000+ sq. ft. facility includes a technology center with a machining and tooling demonstration showroom and classroom, tool manufacturing and coating, tool reconditioning, warehouse, sales, support, and administrative offices.
For over 90 years, GROB has been known worldwide for the development and manufacturing of machines and production lines. GROB has in its portfolio several universal 5-axis machining centers as well as a variety of automation solutions. The unique retractable spindle provides unmatched accessibility to the work piece, is the most rigid when extended to the workpiece, and even allows for upside-down machining which provides superior chip control. The Z-axis design also allows tool changes to happen outside of the work area which enables users to machine the largest part that fits in the machine regardless of tool length requirements. GROB is a family-owned company with global headquarters located near Munich, Germany and has full manufacturing capabilities in the United States, Germany, Brazil, China, and Italy. More than 750 employees at the 400,000 square foot U.S.A. facility in Bluffton, Ohio support GROB customers across North America.
Headquartered in the U.S.A., Concepts NREC is the only company in the world with end-to-end capabilities to take turbomachinery products from concept to reality. For more than 65 years, Concepts NREC has been at the forefront of turbomachinery design and innovation, providing engineering services, design software, CAM software, precision manufacturing, assembly, testing, training, and installation. Our mission is to provide the cutting-edge turbomachinery products, tools, and solutions the world needs for a sustainable future.