LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., May 7, 2013 – GF AgieCharmilles will host a special anniversary open house event commemorating the company’s 60 years of Electrical Discharge Machine (EDM) technology development. Scheduled for June 27 – 28 at its North American headquarters in Lincolnshire, Ill., the two-day 60th Anniversary Event will include educational seminars, training sessions and technology demonstrations along with special celebration activities.
Sixty years ago, GF AgieCharmilles began its research and development of EDM. The upcoming event will highlight the results of that extensive experience with demonstrations of the company’s latest wire and sinker EDM technology from automatic wire changing capability to the industry’s most advanced EDM Human Machine Interface (HMI). The event will also showcase the company’s high-speed and high-performance milling machines, 3D laser surface texturing machines and automation solutions.
Attendees of the 60th Anniversary Open House Event will be able to participate in presentations covering a wide range of topics related to milling, EDM and laser technology. Some of the topics covered will touch upon EDM cutting performance and part surface finish improvements, 5-axis machining and laser surface texturing.
Presentations will include:
- Common CNC Platforms: A New Era of EDM User Interface
- How to Cut Accurate Parts on High-Speed 5-Axis Milling Machines
- 3 + 2-Axis Milling: The New Game Changer in Manufacturing
- EDM Hole Drilling – Fast, Easy and Accurate
- Increased Machine Uptime Through Optimized Service and Support
- Automation: The New Paradigm in Manufacturing
GF AgieCharmilles partner companies will also be on hand demonstrating their latest technologies, offering applications support and participating in presentations. Those partners in attendance at the event will be Seco Tools, REGO-FIX, Hirschmann, System 3R, Poco Graphite, Fraisa, 5-th Axis and Nikon.
The wide range of machines on display will demonstrate applications specific to the key industries as well, such as aerospace, mold and die, medical and e-manufacturing. Machines featured at the 60th Anniversary Open House will include:
- Mikron HSM 200U LP 5-Axis High Speed Milling Machine
- New Form 20 CNC Diesinking EDM
- Mikron HEM 500U 5-Axis High Efficiency Milling Machine
- New CUT 300SP Wire EDM US Premiere
- New CUT 200MS Wire EDM US Premiere
- Mikron HPM 1350U 5-Axis High Performance Milling Machine with a Siemens Control
- CUT 2000 AWC OilTech Wire EDM with an Automatic Wire Changer
- CUT 1000+F OilTech Wire EDM
- LASER 1000 5Ax Laser Texturing System with a Pallet Changer
- DRILL 300D EDM Drilling Machine with an Auto Tool Changer US Premiere
- CUT 20P Wire EDM
- DRILL 20 EDM Drilling Machine
- Mikron HSM 400U LP 5-Axis High Speed Milling Machine with Linear Motor Technology
- Mikron HPM 450U Milling Machine 5-Axis High Performance Milling Machine
- FORM 200MS High Precision Sinker EDM
Manufacturers interested in attending the 60th Anniversary Open House can register at go.us.gfac.com/OpenHouse2013.
About GF AgieCharmilles
GF AgieCharmilles is the North American leading supplier of laser texturing center, wire EDM, CNC and manual diesinking systems and high speed/high performance 3- and 5-axis milling machines. For more information on the company’s products and services, contact Gisbert Ledvon, GF AgieCharmilles, 560 Bond St., Lincolnshire, IL 60069-4224, Tel: 1-800-CTC-1EDM. Gisbert.Ledvon@us.gfac.com, Fax: 847-913-5340, or visit http://www.gfac.com/us.