Mazak to Host Midwest Advanced Manufacturing Technology Event
Company will welcome TMA Precision Machining Competition for high school students
FLORENCE, Ky., February 12, 2019 – Mazak will host an annual Discover More with Mazak™ Technology and Education Event at its Midwest Technology Center in Schaumburg, Illinois, on May 9, 2019, featuring live machines showcasing advanced Mazak technologies. This event also will incorporate the 28th annual Technology & Manufacturing Association (TMA) Precision Machining Competition for Illinois high school students who demonstrate outstanding skills with manufacturing technologies.
Through interactive presentations, attendees will experience the capabilities of 10 advanced Mazak turning, vertical, 5-axis and Multi-Tasking machines, including high-quality equipment manufactured in Mazak’s Florence, Kentucky, U.S. headquarters. Attendees also will have opportunities to discuss machining challenges with Mazak personnel and to learn more about how Mazak partners with its customers.
Attendees also will interact with MAZATROL Smooth CNCs, which allow for both EIA/ISO and conversational programming. These controls offer advanced machine design and unequaled engineering resources for unsurpassed ease of use and productivity. Mazak’s comprehensive suite of digital SMOOTH TECHNOLOGY solutions and network connectivity options make remote monitoring simple for advanced productivity and production efficiency, adding digital manufacturing functionality with support for the MTConnect® open-source, royalty-free manufacturing protocol that enables data collection from the CNC on any networked machine.
The TMA Precision Machining Competition will enable local high school students who create and submit machining projects to be considered for 25 eligible award options in six categories. Student attendees, parents and instructors also will network with representatives of the local manufacturing industry to gain answers to questions and discuss career opportunities. More than 240 students from 20 high schools submitted nearly 300 projects for the 2018 competition.
The event will feature live demonstrations of the following Mazak machines:
- QT-PRIMOS 100 light-duty 2-axis turning center with high speed, accuracy and torque for big productivity advantages in a compact footprint. This machine also features an integrated gantry loader.
- HC-5000 machining center with high-speed tool changer and 84-tool drum-style magazine.
- HQR 250MSY Multi-Tasking Turning Center with twin-spindle, twin-turret configuration for single-setup machining and high-volume throughput.
- Kentucky-made QTU-350MY HP CNC Multi-Tasking Turning Center with high-performance turning spindle and powerful motor for rotary milling tooling.
- VC-500A/5X 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center with trunnion-style rotary/tilt table for accurate, cost-effective processing of small complex parts.
- VC-500C Vertical Machining Center with 3-axis table for accurate processing of small parts.
- VTC-300C Vertical Machining Center with powerful 40-taper spindle, full traveling column design and fixed table for machining extremely long and heavy workpieces.
- INTEGREX i-150 advanced Multi-Tasking machine that combines the capabilities of a high-powered turning center and a full-function machining center for versatile, precise single-setup production and high throughput.
- INTEGREX i-300ST advanced Multi-Tasking machine with combined turning and machining capabilities, along with a second turning spindle for DONE IN ONE® processing and a lower turret.
- INTEGREX j-300 5-Axis Multi-Tasking Turning Center with increased axis travels and a powerful milling/turning motor for efficient production in a robust machine platform.
For a complete list of machine tools running live demonstrations, presentation schedules and to register for the Midwest Event, visit MazakUSA.com.
Discover Mazak Midwest: Preliminary Schedule
Thursday, May 9, 2019
9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Exclusive customer interactive machine presentations
11:30 a.m.-2:00 pm Lunch
5:00 p.m. Guest arrivals and TMA Precision Machining Competition begin
6:00 p.m. TMA awards presentation
About Mazak Corporation
Mazak Corporation is a leader in the design and manufacture of productive machine tool solutions. Committed to being a partner to customers with innovative technology, its world-class facility in Florence, Kentucky, produces over 100 models of turning centers, Multi-Tasking machines and vertical machining centers, including 5-axis models. Continuously investing in manufacturing technology allows the Kentucky iSMART Factory to be the most advanced and efficient in the industry, providing high-quality and reliable products. Mazak maintains eight Technology Centers across North America to provide local hands-on applications, service and sales support to customers. For more information on Mazak’s products and solutions, visit www.MazakUSA.com or follow us on Twitter and Facebook.