With the PMTS show coming up next week in Columbus, Ohio, this is what I want to find out:
1. Graff-Pinkert, our machinery business, has noticed a distinct slowdown in both inquiries and sales over the last two months. Is this just us, or is it industry-wide?
2. How narrow is the Japanese pipeline of new machine and automotive components? Can the builders get fresh inventory out of Japan?
3. With the dollar falling out of bed versus the euro, how much are the Europeans raising prices, and are they able to ramp up production to meet demand?
4. Does anybody go to shows anymore besides the exhibitors and students with flat brims on their baseball caps?
5. Is the Swiss CNC lathe market headed more toward the downscale Citizen-A machine or the upscale technical machines?
6. Is the Swiss market going to be completely dominated by Citizen, Star and Tsugami, or will some of the smaller brands wage a significant challenge?
7. Are the Tier One, Two, and Three automotive suppliers going to have the confidence in the future to start really buying heavily again?
Question: I’ll have some answers in a week, do you have comments now?
Boys sporting flat brim hats